Refer and Restore
At Michael Kelly Dentistry on Clarkston Road, Glasgow we carry out a full range of dental implant treatment from surgical placement to restoration working in conjunction with an innovative local dental laboratory. With our experience and our facilities we can offer an opportunity to dentists to come along to the practice and see the facilities at our new purpose built clinic whilst observing some stages of the typical implant process. If you are interested in getting involved at some level with offering dental implant treatment to your patients this would be a great way to get started with our refer and restore service. Many dental implant focussed practices already offer this service and you may indeed be happily making use of such a facility. We however aim to make this as attractive as possible for the following reasons;
- We have over fifteen years of experience placing and restoring a number of different brands of dental implants.
- By way of introduction we like to host small groups of dentists to attend a session where we will have patients for various stages of the implant journey from surgery to final restoration. These are informal and great for asking questions and getting a taste of what is involved.
- We like to have our Biohorizons implant local consultant present on the day to answer any questions and to provide support material to help your patients consider dental implants to restore their smile and function. He will happily follow this up in your practice at a future date on a lunch and learn basis with your practice nurse. He will also give you a dedicated Biohorizons restorative kit when you refer your first case to us.
- The practice now has full CBCT facilities with the option for full or sectional scans for implant and placement guide planning in conjunction with Cerec intra oral scans.
- Our preferred technician will be present to discuss impression technique and demonstrate some example cases.
- We will provide sample patient correspondence which we use for new implant patients to help with informed treatment consent.
- Transparent pricing structures will be shown for patient information and to demonstrate how financially attractive this treatment option is for referring dentists for no more time commitment than traditional crown and bridge.
- To maintain the patient information flow you will be informed by letter or email at each stage- consultation, placement surgery and final restoration – of treatment progress and the patient will be returned to your care following completion of the treatment on referral.
- You will be welcome to attend any stage of the patient implant treatment at the practice.
- At the impression stage we will send a bespoke box to your practice containing appropriate impression trays and size matched impression coping(s) for that individual case along with a fully completed laboratory form; all you will need to do is take the impressions and make a note of the shade.