Sedation at Michael Kelly Dentistry
At Michael Kelly Dentistry we understand that most patients have a degree of anxiety about dental treatment but that some patients are much more anxious or indeed phobic about the dentist. We have successfully treated many patients whose fear of the dentist has been so bad that they have avoided a dental visit for many years. When this is the case it is common to feel embarrassed about this which may worsen your anxiety. We understand this and want to reassure you that we are keen to ensure that you don’t delay visiting us any longer.
Our team is prepared for anxious patients and we welcome them from near and far. No matter how anxious you feel, be assured we have seen somebody more nervous and will do everything we can to help you overcome your fears.
If you are very nervous about treatment we can give you medication that puts you into a relaxed state before your treatment. We offer both oral and intravenous sedation using use Diazepam and Midazolam and whilst you are under sedation your blood pressure, pulse, oxygen levels in the blood and heart are constantly being monitored.
At your first visit we can talk through your treatment outwith the surgery- some people feel more relaxed and comfortable this way.
The Facts About Sedation Dentistry
- It really does work!
- Its safe
- We can carry out all dental work in 1 visit in most cases
- People who struggle getting numb with traditional anesthetic have no problems when sedated
Sedation Dentistry in Glasgow – Is this suitable for me?
Yes!… If you
- Have high levels of fear
- Have previously had bad dental experiences
- Have difficulty getting numb
- Have a fear of needles/needle phobic
- Have very sensitive teeth
- Are somewhat embarrassed about your teeth
- Have multiple dental problems
- Have a bad gag reflex
- Hate noises, smells and/or tastes associated with dental care
- Wish to have your treatment completed across fewer appointments
Pain free anaesthetic
We can also use the Quicksleeper- an alternative to the traditional anaesthetic injection which is quick, fast acting and works where dental injections have failed. This has helped many patients to go through with treatment which was otherwise impossible.
If you are scared of the dentist, give as a call on 0141 637 1745, we are sure we can help